This Yin Yoga & Mindfulness training is for yoga teachers who wish to offer the yin yoga practice as a doorway into Mindfulness Meditation and Buddhist practices. The training will be offered online through Zoom. This training will lead to a deeper understanding of the practice, allowing you to teach from a foundation that is solidly rooted within.
35-hour Online Teacher TrainingFinding Stillness - Advanced Yin Yoga & Mindfulness Teacher TrainingFebruary 6 - 20, 2021
5 days online
Basic Zen mind training will promote the development of self-inquiry, and cultivate a sense of well-being that is grounded in warmhearted awareness. Conscious communication practices will foster enhanced skills to genuinely connect with others, which are directly applicable in your teaching as well as in your daily life.
During this training, you will:
After this training, you will:
- Explore movement (Yang), stillness (Yin), and breath practices to elicit a wholesome expression of Chi in the body, fostering vitality and overall well-being;
- Practice Yin yoga sequences that target the upper body to enhance breathing capacity, shoulder mobility, and that manage specific mind states;
- Develop self-observation without judgment through writing, conscious communication, and meditation practices, leading to greater self-awareness and personal growth;
- Learn the four foundations of Mindfulness, and how to teach them in a Yin Yoga class;
- Investigate the Four Mind Changings and cultivate compassion and resilience through mind training (Lojong), thus enhancing connection with yourself and others, as a path of growth and genuine happiness.
- Be confident to teach basic mindfulness techniques in the framework of a (Yin) yoga class;
- Know specific Yin Yoga sequences to target the upper body;
- Have an ability to connect with others with a more genuine interest and compassion;
- Have a greater awareness of who you are, allowing you to take more authentic leadership.
Marije shares her vision for this training in an interview with Delight Yoga in Amsterdam:
This teacher training is for yoga teachers who have previously completed a basic teacher training in any yoga tradition, preferably have a yin yoga training certification, and have a minimum of 2 years experience practicing Yin Yoga. Should you not meet the above requirements, but strongly feel that you would like to join this training, please send an email to Marije motivating your request.
Required reading and assignments
Training in Compassion, Zen Teachings on the practice of Lojong, Norman Fisher
Buddhism, H. Smith & P. Novak
Insight Yoga, Sarah Powers
In addition to the 35 contact hours, students will be given a post-program writing assignment to be completed at home.
During this program a Day of Silence will be observed, offering an experience that will deepen your learning.
Continuing Education credits
Yoga teachers that are registered with Yoga Alliance can apply this training towards Continuing Education Credits.
Dates & time
February 6, 7, 13, 14 & 20, 2021
7:30 a.m – 3:30 p.m EST / 13:30 – 21:30 CET (with an hour break)