If you’ve ever enjoyed the scent of a rose, you have experienced the aromatic qualities of essential oils. These naturally occurring vaporous aromatic compounds are found in the seeds, bark, stems, roots, flowers, and other parts of plants.
Essential oils provide plants with protection against environmental threats, and play a role in plant pollination. In addition to their intrinsic benefits to plants, essential oils have been used for their beautiful fragrances, their healing properties, for food preparation, beauty treatment, and health-care practices since the old times. They have potent attributes on physical, mental, emotional and spiritual levels. The different chemical components of the flowers, plants and trees that have been distilled into oils have a powerful effect on our brain. Scents can help us remember events from the past, and may assist in clearing negative thought forms, and manage emotions. In fact, essential oils can be used for a wide variety of emotional and physical wellness applications.
How to use Essential Oils
dōTERRA’s Essential Oils can be used in a variety of ways:
- topically (on the skin)
- internally (ingesting a few drops with water, or directly under the tongue) and
- aromatically (by diffusing them).
I use my oils in all three ways, depending on the oil and the effect I am looking for.
When I have a day of traveling, or simply a lot to do, I put a drop of grounding oil under the soles of my feet. The foot soles have a lot of blood vessels and acupressure points just under the skin, which makes it an ideal spot to have the oil be absorbed effectively and quickly.
Each morning I put a drop of lemon oil in a glass of warm water that I drink before I eat anything, to aid my digestion.
Which oils I put in my diffuser varies greatly. I love blending oils, choosing them by their fragrance and properties, just like putting a bouquet of flowers together.
Whenever and wherever I use an essential oil, I create a little ritual around it: I pause for a moment, I remind myself of the reason I am choosing this oil, and I set an intention. This way I cultivate presence with what I do, which is essential for living a mindful, healthy and happy life.
You may also enjoy watching this video in which I share what I do with the ten most popular Essential Oils.
Besides Essential Oils, dōTERRA, which means Gift of the Earth, offers a wide array of natural products. From shampoo to toothpaste, and from supplements to laundry detergent; anything you need to take care of yourself and your family in a safe and sustainable way.
One of the main reasons I’ve chosen to partner with dōTERRA is because dōTERRA gives back through Healing Hands, our foundation that serves several causes and communities in need. dōTERRA is, in actuality, a humanitarian organization. Read more here.
To learn about dōTERRA’s quality and sourcing, Source to You helps you learn how dōTERRA works with smallholder farmers worldwide to optimize their work and grow the precious plants that grant us and our families this crucial connection to Mother Nature. Watch Source to You here.
How to order
Click here and then follow these steps:
- Choose the Wholesale Customer option
This will allow you to purchase from dōTERRA for 25% less than retail price for a full year.
- Where will your products be shipped?
Choose your region. If you are in Canada or Europe (including Israel), click on “United Kingdom”. On the next page you will be able to select your specific country.
- Personal Information
The Enroller and Sponsor ID box should already be filled for you, but if it isn’t enter 6744810 so in the sponsor box “Marije Paternotte” will appear.
- Enrollment Kits
You can add any additional items at the 25% off price to your cart.
If you’d prefer to create your own kit, just add the USD 35 (or equivalent) membership fee, and then add whatever items you want to start with to your cart. They will also be at the 25% off price, and you will get the Intro booklet for free.
Note: The Membership fee is waived when you choose one of the special Enrollment Kits.
- Finalize your shipping and payment options
Click “Process Order Now & Continue”. You can read more about the Loyalty Rewards Program here below.
Loyalty Rewards Program
The Loyalty Rewards Program (“LRP”) is a generous incentive through which you are rewarded for being a loyal customer; just like a frequent flyer program. The LRP is the best and smartest way to order your oils, earn free product points, and receive free products every month.
If you prefer to a place “one-time order,” rather than set up a LRP order, you’ll still get your 25% discount off the retail price, but you’ll miss out on:
10-30% back in FREE product credits (Rewards Points)
Additional discounts on popular products
FREE product of the month*
Double Rewards Points for your shipping costs
* If you order for at least 125 PV. Product Volume (“PV”) is a currency equalizer. E.g. Wild Orange is 11.50PV everywhere in the world, but price varies according to currency.
LRP Order quick tips:
- Automatic shipment of dōTERRA products you use on a monthly basis.
- Fully customizable: change what products you order and how much you spend each month.
- You can order as little as 5PV and maintain your percentage and your current points.
- You can change your order as many times as you want up until midnight (USA Mountain Time) before the processing date.
- Change the processing date any time.
- Cancel any time by calling customer service (remember to use up your points before you cancel!).
- You may have more than one LRP each month, just be sure to cancel the one you’re not wanting to have going forward.
I’d be happy to assit you setting up your first LRP order and make suggestions for which Essential Oils and products would best serve your and your family’s current health goals. Simply contact me to schedule a time to talk!
- Do you love Essential Oils?
- Do you resonate with dōTERRA’s philosophy?
- Are you interested in being part of a team of like-minded women that support you and cheer you on?
- Do you want to be able to pay of any debts you may have and create financial abundance?
If your answer is YES, you may consider becoming a dōTERRA Wellness Advocate with me as your personal mentor! I look forward to hearing from you. Contact me here.
This picture and the one of the diffuser (c) Sarah Willcox Photography