A Silent Meditation and Yoga Retreat at the Won Dharma Center
A Silent Meditation and Yoga RetreatSoftening the HeartMay 13 - 15, 2022
Won Dharma Center, Claverack (NY)
May 13 – 15, 2022
This weekend retreat offers a break from fast-paced daily life and an opportunity to reconnect with your own heart.
Do you feel overwhelmed and depleted by the pandemic, and trying to keep up with the demands of modern life?
Do you feel disconnected and forget to attent to yourself and those around you with genuine interest and concern?
Do you need to boost your immunity and overall health?
Do you need a break from social media, or simply want to spend a quiet weekend in nature?
Join this silent weekend retreat to reestablish a connection with your authentic self, to deeply rest, and to recharge your body, heart and mind. As a path of growth and genuine happiness you will awaken to a heartfelt concern for yourself and others.
During this retreat Marije Paternotte will offer:
- exercises to develop self-observation without judgment and foster compassion, through writing, conscious communication, and Mindfulness meditation;
- an exploration of movement (Yang yoga) and stillness (Yin yoga), as well as breathing practices, to elicit a wholesome expression of Chi in the body, fostering vitality and overall well-being;
- time to enjoy the beautiful nature surrounding the Won Dharma Center, and to simply rest.
In order to comply with the New York state regulations for public health due to COVID-19 the Won Dharma Retreat Center has made the following arrangements:
- retreat group size is limited to 20 participants;
- retreat participants need to be vaccinated, and provide proof of vaccination upon check-in, OR non-vaccinated guests will be asked to show proof of a negative Covid test taken within 72 hours of arrival on site;
- if booking a double room without a friend or family member, a negative Covid-test (taken no more than 72-hours prior to arrival) needs to be presented upon check-in;
- everyone is requested to respect a 6-feet ‘social distance’ in the indoor spaces;
- face masks will be required to be worn indoors, except when on your mat/cushion for practice and seated for meals;
- enjoying your meals in the outdoor spaces is encouraged;
Won Dharma Center
Conveniently located in a rural setting near New York City and Boston, the Won Dharma Center is set on 426 acres in Claverack in upstate New York, overlooking the Hudson Valley and the Catskill Mountains. Surrounded by wooded foothills with a nearby brook, the retreat center is a serene natural setting for contemplation and renewal. A green community designed with sensitivity to nature and issues of Sustainable Design, the center consists of eco-friendly buildings designed to provide a tranquil and meditative atmosphere. The Won Dharma Center won the 2010 Design Award from Faith & Form / IFRAA International Awards Program for Religious Art and Architecture.
Find more information about the Won Dharma Center here
Directions to the Won Dharma Center here
Friday May 13
3:00 pm onwards: check-in
6:00 – 6:30 pm: dinner
7:30 – 9:00 pm : Welcome session, Yin yoga and meditation
9:00 pm: Silence begins
Saturday May 14
7:30 am: Meditation
8:00 – 8:30 am: breakfast
9:30 am: Program session
12:30 – 1:00 pm: lunch
3:00 – 5:30 pm: Program session
5:30 – 6:00 pm: dinner
7:00 – 7:30 pm: Meditation
Sunday July 15
7:30 am: Meditation
8:00 am: breakfast
9:30 – 11:30 am: Closing session – Silence ends
12:00 pm: check-out and lunch
Retreat rate per person
Single room: USD 625 / Double room: USD 550 / Quad room USD 495 (only available if booked for a group of 4) / Commuter: USD 435 (limited availability)
- 2 nights accommodation;
- dinner on Friday and Saturday;
- breakfast and lunch on Saturday and Sunday;
- tea and coffee throughout the retreat.
All meals are vegetarian.
You may have questions about this silent retreat. Or you simply would like to get to know me a little bit before you book. I’d be happy to talk with you, or answer your questions by email.